There is absolutely no doubt about the overwhelming response to Microsoft’s newly released operating system Windows 10. It comes with tremendous improvements including the return of the Start Menu and exciting new features such as; Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Task View and many more.
Perhaps nothing is perfect in software technology. It is inevitable that users will encounter problems with their newly upgraded Windows 10 PCs. In fact, one of the widely discussed issues with the software giant’s new version is that Windows 10 freezes. People are reporting frequent lags and slowed PC performance during tasks including; video streaming, gaming and regular activities. To be fair, it would be nearly impossible to provide just a single solution that works for all performance issues. But you don’t have to worry, we have come up with relatively easy system optimization techniques that have worked for many. To automatically fix Windows 10 freezing download RegInOut System Utilities. It comes with handy computer optimization tools.
Log on to your computer with a minimal number of startup programs and services. Restrict unnecessary tasks from consuming your memory.
- Press Windows Key + X; choose ‘Run’ in the context menu.
- You’ll be prompted to enter a command or file path in the newly opened ‘Run’ dialog box. Just type “MSCONFIG” (not case sensitive) and click OK or hit ENTER.
- This shall open up the ‘System Configuration’ utility, which provides a way to manage all boot-related configurations.
- As you can see in the following dialog, there are three startup modes. You need to pick the ‘Selective startup’ option, then uncheck the box named ‘Load startup items’.
- Finally, save your changes by clicking Apply | OK.
- You will be prompted whether to reboot your PC or not. Go ahead and restart.
Configure Windows 10 for Best Performance
On slower machines this can drag system performance up to an optimum level. Turning off visual effects can make a big difference.
- Right click the ‘This PC’ icon on your desktop and select ‘Properties’ from the right-click options.
- You will be greeted with detailed information about your system. Just click ‘Advanced system settings’ on the left-side panel.
- Now you will have a new dialog on your screen called ‘System Properties’. This has several tabs and different frames.
- Click Advanced tab | Settings (Performance).
- Click Visual Effects tab.
- Select the ‘Adjust for best performance’ option, click OK | OK.
It happens with all of us that we download a new software from Internet, thinking we’ll require and use it occasionally. However, we realize after a few months that the software wasn’t even loaded single time. These kind of unwanted stuff occupies a larger space of our hard drives. Worse than that, background services of these programs collect user data, system logs and transmit them to vendor’s servers. Background updating services constantly check for new application version releases. This eventually slows down the machine. Use Control Panel to uninstall all rarely used programs. You can find detailed information about programs such as application size and installation date.
Fix Registry & Optimize Services
Registry errors and too many services running in the background also cause your Windows 10 to freeze or lag randomly. You can use the extreme performance feature of RegInOut System Utilities to blast sluggishness inside your slow Windows 10. Download it here: http://www.reginout.com